What We’re Up To
We are putting this blog today from sunny Phoenix, Arizona this week. I’ll let you in on a little secret – one of the best perks of this job is traveling to warm weather destinations during the winter months! It’s the beginning of a new month so it’s time to give you a little peek into what Perfection Events is working on in February.
- We already talked about Phoenix (did we mention that it’s sunny here?). We are here for site visits for a 2014 conference for one of our corporate clients. We have seen some great venues this week and are looking forward to putting together a successful conference here for our client. We are staying at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown and what we love the most about this property is the decorative sound proofing in the ballrooms! We all have experienced the "double air walls" that really make no difference at all, but these panels on the walls? They work! They are both pretty AND functional!
- We are so proud to work with the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey's Women's Initiative, and our next event is coming up on February 11. This will be a networking event and we are uniting women to give, advocate and volunteer in support of at-risk women and girls. Come out and join us!
- Speaking of involvement, we are putting the final details on the exciting speaker line-up for the NAWBO Greater Philadelphia 2013 Leadership Conference: How Great Women Lead. Save the date – April 16, 2013 at The Crowne Plaza in King of Prussia.
- We’re entering the home stretch of planning for corporate meetings in Madrid, Spain and San Diego, CA in May. We are working with great venue partners for both and looking forward to closing the loop on all final details over the next couple of months. We are also really looking forward to being in Madrid in May!
- Beyond 2013, we are also working on planning for an academic conference coming up in the summer of 2014. Yes, 2014. Sometimes we get very lucky and have a lot of lead time to prepare for an event!
Even though we are loving our time in Phoenix this week (we mentioned that it’s sunny and warm here, right), we always love coming home to Philadelphia. One of the things we love the most in Philadelphia right now is the new Hotel Monaco, with its unique space and phenomenal staff (not that we’d expect anything less from Kimpton!). If you have a chance, head over there and check it out. It’s worth the time!
What exciting things are you working on this month?