48 New Bucket List Hotels
Top image of Cheval Blanc Randheli
There were 2 hotel lists released earlier this week that are still on our minds: the Condé Nast Traveler 2014 hotel 'hot list' of the 33 best hotels that debuted in the past year and a list of 15 quirky hotels around the world. Combined, these lists have the potential to add 48 new hotels to any bucket list!
When we aren't thinking about how we can get on the list to help pick the hottest new hotels of 2015 (COnde Nast editors went to 510 hotels in 400 cities for the 2014 list!), we are trying to decide where to go first!
Condé Nast Traveler 2014 hotel 'hot list'
Let's start with the Conde Nast hot list. The hottest new hotels of 2014 were categorized in 7 lists, and we tried to prioritize our favorites (to make the bucket list a bit more manageable!):
- Best new family friendly hotels - who can resist a hot new hotel in Tuscany, Italy? Not us! La Bandita Townhouse tops our list in this category.
- Best new beach hotels - our number one pick should be the Salt House Inn in Massachusetts because we are so close and could get there so easily, but the Andaz Maui at Wailea in Hawaii and Point Yamu by COMO in Thailand are calling our names too!
- Best new bargain hotels - the concrete walls of The Line Hotel in Los Angeles are beckoning. We've never experienced a concrete room, so that's our pick in this category.
- Best new design hotels - we'll have to head to Peru! These all look stunning, but Hotel B in Lima, Peru will have to be the first stop in this category.
- Best new food hotels - we have to go with Zero George Street in South Carolina for proximity again! But a trip to Argentina sounds nice too!
- Best over-the-top hotels - can you ever go wrong with any hotel called one of the best over-the-top hotels? We think not, so we'll simply start at Cheval Blanc Randheli in the Maldives and then head to Europe to experience all of the others.
- Best new way-out there hotels - Segera Retreat in Kenya was the only hotel in Africa to make the list this year and since we've been to 4 other continents with all of our other picks, this one tops the list in this category.
Check out the full list here and tell us your picks in the comments below!
15 Quirkiest Hotels
Our verdict is still out on sleeping in a sewer pipe, but we are totally into the underwater accommodations at Jules' Undersea Lodge and Poseidon Undersea Resort in Fiji! Kadir's Tree Houses (Turkey) .
The igloos at Hotel Kakslauttanen (Finland) and the Dark Bark Park Inn (Idaho) that is shaped like a giant dog also have to make our list.
Which quirky hotel tops your list?